We, Sree Vidyadhiraja Gurukulasramam Trust(hereinafter“Gurukulasramam”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as a browser to our website. When you click on our webpage, universal resource locater (URL) to get onto our webpages and content links thereon you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by this policy as updated from time to time.
Information about Gurukulasramam
The Site is operated by Sree Vidyadhiraja Gurukulasramam Trust and is registered as a trust in India with limited liability and has its registered office at Kanjeettukara, Ayiroor South, Pathanamthitta Dist, Kerala State, India.
Gurukulasramam provides the service to provide content related to traditional knowledge and marketing of printed and electronic books on various subjects.
Restrictions on your use of the Site
You agree that you will not post any content on the Site, transmit any content to others, communicate any content, provide links to any content, or otherwise engage in any activity on the Site or through the Services that:
- impersonates or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- discloses any personal or confidential information of any person or organization without first obtaining their consent or
- solicits another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- solicits or requests personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or solicit passwords for unlawful purposes;
- contains any material which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs,
- Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data);
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm against any group or individual;
- promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities;
- is intended to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other members or other people or organizations;
- is defamatory, inaccurate, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- is deliberately misleading or fraudulent;
- contains others’ copyrighted content (such as music, videos, photographs, images, etc) without first obtaining their consent;
- uses the Site or Services for chain letters, junk mail or spam e-mails;
- advertises or solicits any member to buy or sell any products or services;
- interferes or disrupts networks connected to the Site or attempts to interfere with the proper functioning of the Site (including imposing an unreasonable load on the technical infrastructure used to operate the Site); or
- contains any material which may infringe or violate any third party’s rights.
You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding, (i) the information and content you post on the Site; (ii) the information and content you post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available through the Site; and (iii) your interactions, if any, with other members through the Site.
Removal of content
You agree that you are responsible for keeping your screen name and password for your account secret. You acknowledge that Gurukulasramam is not responsible for third-party access to your account that results from sharing by you or the theft or misappropriation of your screen name and password. Gurukulasramam reserves the right to suspend your access to the Site or terminate your account if Gurukulasramam an unauthorized person is attempting to access it.
Risks of using the Site & Services
Gurukulasramam’s proprietary rights
You acknowledge and agree that the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Site and the content provided as part of the Services belong to Gurukulasramam, its partners, and affiliates. No rights, whatsoever, in respect of the Site or the content provided as part of the Services, are granted to you. Any violation of our rights will be visited with severe penalty and claims for damages.
License to your posted content
By posting information or content to our web pages or any public area of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to Gurukulasramam an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, publish, display, reformat, translate and distribute such information or content and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the same. You further waive any moral rights you may have in any such information or content.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We process data we collect from you for the following core purposes:
- To administer your browsing activity with us (including notifying you of any announcements, updates, special offers or services, should you consent to this);
- To help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Services;
- To allow you to participate in any future interactive features of the Services (including the features that require the mobile phone number);
- To help personalise your repeat visits to and usage of the Services;
- To provide you with information on products or services or news and offers that you request from us (see below under ‘Marketing’ for more information);
- To answer any questions you may raise or respond to any comments you may send to us;
- To notify you about changes to our service or the functionality of the Site;
- To carry out market analysis and research;
- To ensure that you are complying with the terms and conditions of use and to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
Payment and Refund Terms & Conditions
While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, we will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and between “Bank/s”, or Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
All payments made against the purchases/services/subscriptions on the Website by you shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees acceptable in the Republic of India. Website will not facilitate transactions with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Website. Before shipping / delivering your order to you, the Seller may request you to provide supporting documents (including but not limited to Govt. issued ID and address proof) to establish the ownership of the payment instrument used by you for your purchase. This is done in the interest of providing a safe online shopping environment to Our Users.
- Transactions, Transaction Price, and all commercial terms such as Delivery, Dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Buyer/Subscriber and Seller and payment facility is merely used by the Buyer/Subscriber and Seller to facilitate the completion of the Transaction.
- You understand, accept, and agree that the payment facility provided by Gurukulasramam is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through Cash On Delivery, collection, and remittance facility for the Transactions on the Gurukulasramam Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and Credit Card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing a Payment Facility, Gurukulasramam is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
Payment Facility for Buyers/Subscribers:
- You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, understand that upon initiating a Transaction You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the Seller to purchase the products and /or services from the Seller using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price through Your Issuing Bank to the Seller using Payment Facility.
- You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, may agree with the Seller through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility on any extension/increase in the Dispatch and/or Delivery time and the Transaction shall stand amended to such extent. Any such extension/increase of Dispatch / Delivery time or subsequent novation/variation of the Transaction should be in compliance with Payment Facility Rules and Policies.
- You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, shall electronically notify Payment Facility using the appropriate Gurukulasramam Website features immediately upon Delivery or non Delivery within the time period as provided in Policies. Non-notification by You of Delivery or non Delivery within the time period specified in the Policies shall be construed as a deemed Delivery in respect of that Transaction.
- You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, shall be entitled to claim a refund of the Transaction Price (as Your sole and exclusive remedy) in case You do not receive the Delivery within the time period agreed in the Transaction or within the time period as provided in the Policies, whichever is earlier. In case you do not raise a refund claim using Website features within the stipulated time then this would make You ineligible for a refund.
- You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, understand that the Payment Facility may not be available in full or in part for certain category of products and/or services and/or Transactions as mentioned in the Policies and hence You may not be entitled to a refund in respect of the Transactions for those products and /or services
- Refunds, if any, shall be made at the same Issuing Bank from where the Transaction Price was received.
- Refund shall be made in Indian Rupees only and shall be equivalent to the Transaction Price received in Indian Rupees.
- For electronics payments, the refund shall be made through a payment facility using NEFT / RTGS or any other online banking / electronic funds transfer system approved by Reserve Bank India (RBI).
- Refund shall be conditional and shall be with recourse available to Gurukulasramam in case of any misuse by Buyer/Subscriber.
- Refund shall be subject to Buyer/Subscriber complying with Policies.
4. Gurukulasramam reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which Gurukulasramam may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer/Subscriber during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
5. Gurukulasramam reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyer/Subscribers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer/Subscriber with Gurukulasramam or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
6. Gurukulasramam may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of/Buyer/Subscribers commitment to pay (for Cash On Delivery transactions) Transaction Price from the Buyer/Subscriber for security or other reasons at the discretion of Gurukulasramam. As a result of such check, if Gurukulasramam is not satisfied with the creditability of the Buyer/Subscriber or genuineness of the Transaction / Transaction Price, it will have the right to reject the receipt of / Buyer/Subscribers commitment to pay Transaction Price.
7. Gurukulasramam may delay notifying the payment confirmation i.e. informing Seller to Dispatch, if Gurukulasramam deems suspicious or for Buyer/Subscribers conducting high transaction volumes to ensure the safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price. In addition, Gurukulasramam may hold Transaction Price and Gurukulasramam may not inform Seller to Dispatch or remit Transaction Price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to Buyer/Subscriber) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Buyer/Subscriber is engaged in any form of illegal activity.
8. The Buyer/Subscriber and Seller acknowledge that Gurukulasramam will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond control of Gurukulasramam.
Compliance with Laws:
9. Buyer/Subscriber and Seller shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued thereunder and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made thereunder, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made thereunder, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made thereunder, Export Import Policy of the government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and Gurukulasramam Website.
Buyer/Subscriber’s arrangement with Issuing Bank:
10. All Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the Buyer/Subscriber and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company.
11. All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank which supports the Payment Facility to provide these services to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between Buyer/Subscriber and the respective Issuing Bank.
In the event of any grievances, user can contact gurukulasramam at [email protected] or write to us at the following address
Sree Vidyadhiraja Gurukulasramam Trust
Kanjeettukara P O
Gurukulasramam may change the above-mentioned contact information without prior notice to any user (subscribed/unsubscribed/browsing/trial).